9.16.2006

a retraction of a fraction of the previous post

Webmaster of theformer.net and inhabitor of the "dijonaze" site on MySpace.com would like to post a partial retraction in regards to the post entitled "15 Things to Do in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, If You Live There." As some readers may have guessed, it has to do with item number seven. The clarification is this: I did not mean to suggest that Milwaukee's music scene is bad. Some of it might be in some reader's opinion, and I tend to prefer some to other of what it has to offer. I attended numerous shows in Green Bay, Wisconsin in the late ninties, and thought most of it f'n rocked despite limitations on equipment, or adherance to musical theory--which is what I will get at next. I was really referring to lofi productions, which is not a requisite for "shitty" music. The music can be fabulous, amazing, and fantastic without sounding studio-par. I respect the dedicated musicians of this city who play open mics, and small venues. I am one of them, and if anyone's music has been deemed shitty or great by taste, or is lofi and terrible sounding, it is my own. Please, take the post as tongue in cheek, and save me a black eye. Thanks for visiting, enjoy the show. And, about the comment in number nine. I am going on personal experience, and it was just kind of filler. I don't mean to criticize. If the reader can't tell by now, I was feeling a little guilty when I wrote this. Thanks again.

No comments: